Sunday, April 19, 2009

Best Friends

Also while in Utah, I was able to connect with my best friends from high school. Cathy (My friend in the black) and I communicated over Christmas and realized that we would be in Utah at the same time in March so we planned to meet. In the meantime, I contacted Priscilla (light orange top) who lives in Orem and she told me that Susan lived in Layton so we all decided to meet at the wedding reception of Cathy's niece in Payson.
We talked for several hours and gabbed and giggled.
We all grew up in the same ward so they filled me in on the news that they knew and we talked about high school stories.
It is interesting to see that paths that we have taken. All of our parents have gone except Cathy's mother and we were commenting on how strange it seemed to be together talking about how our parents had gone. They were such a part of our lives!
Oddly, they had all known Lloyd before I came to know him in the 3rd grade. Before they built the school in our neighborhood and before I moved over to the west side, they attended Riverside School which was the school in Lloyd's neighborhood.
They had some funny stories about being in a grade school play with him at Riverside.
What a fun blast from the past!

1 comment:

Grace said...

What a great chance to get together with friends that you grew up with! It's great that you have stayed close all these years.