Tuesday, June 9, 2009

We're HAMS!!


Lloyd and I (encouraged strongly by David Bennett) took the classes to become a HAM radio operator so we could be of more help in an emergency. We had 4 hours of class on Friday May 29 and then 4 hours the next morning and then we took our test. Dad and I both passed so now all we need is a radio. Brother Bennett is going to help us with that also.

Mike and Judy Morse and Michael and Sharon Painter also took the class so we can now all be HAMS together.

I learned a lot about electricity and some formulas to figure out amps and volts and ohms and watts which helped me last weekend when Dad and I took a class on how to buy a solar electric system. We are going to try to put in on the barn which is the next post

2 comments:

Grace said...

Wes attended a convention with David Bennett on Saturday and loves being a HAM too! :)

Unknown said...

I'm not sure if I would have used the word "hams" or "dweebs" but I am pretty impressed either way. Especially now that you've got your ham operator number listed in your signature of your emails. Is that just in case I want to call you? I'm also quite impressed that you've learned some electrical formulas.